The crepe fabric is a very well-known fabric and it is most commonly used for making pants, dresses, blouses, curtains, pillows, and many other things. The fabric is famous due to its wrinkled and bumpy appearance which makes it a little different from other fabrics from which it is made. When you wear a crepe fabric-based cloth, you look absolutely attractive and ladies love this fabric due to the lightweight feel and elegance that this fabric offers. Cotton, silk, wool, and rayon are used to manufacture the crepe fabric and due to the different manufacturing processes with every different artificial and natural fabric, this fabric offers distinct features or qualities.
Characteristics and Advantages of This Fabric
- Some people ask is crepe fabric stretchable? The answer is yes this fabric is stretchable due to the various manufacturing processes that this fabric went through, this fabric has some stretchable qualities. This quality allows the clothes to be used for many different purposes. The cotton crepe fabric is the stretchable crepe fabric type that is very popular in summer clothes.
- The fabric is very lightweight and feels gorgeous if you carry the outfit in the right manner. The outfit looks luxurious from the outside and provides a very graceful look and a very slim appearance. This is why many ladies love to wear such crepe fabric dress to events like parties, prom, and other major formal functions.
- The fabric is very versatile and it can easily blend into winter clothes as it is woven fabric and the word itself stands for winter clothes. However, the fabric becomes a little heavy when you weave it and make some winter clothes but provides a very elegant look in every outfit you make out of this fabric.
- The Crepe fabric is considered a very absorbent fabric and that is why it can be dyed into any color of your choice. The fabric does not leave color even after getting washed many times but you have to make sure that you do not hand wash the fabric.
- The fabric has very wide applicability and it can be used for making many types of clothes and indoor things. The fabric is widely used for making gowns, blouses, suits, sarees, dresses, and pants for ladies. Even boys like to wear gym t-shirts, sweaters, and pants made out of this fabric. The fabric is even used to make pillows, curtains, and dining cloth for your house.
- The clothes made from this fabric do not possess a crease generally and thus they can be packed in any manner without thinking about the condition of the cloth after unpacking. The fabric is hard-pressing and it doesn’t lose its appearance anytime soon.
- The most important characteristic of this fabric is that it can be manufactured with many fabrics like natural fabrics cotton, silk, and artificial fabrics like rayon (viscose) or polyester. Thus, you can get a variety of designs and a variety of features of different fabrics in a single fabric.
How To Care For Crepe Fabric?
Since crepe fabric can be made in a wide range of ways from various filaments, it is vital to adhere to the consideration guidelines of your piece of clothing and family thing. Most crêpe should be laundered and will contract significantly when washed in a washing machine. In a couple of cases, crêpe can be washed by hand in chilly water and afterward laid level to dry.